Sunday, August 09, 2009

Favorite Pop Culture Invention O' The Day



Wonderbread sandwich container wins!!!

In the pace of our hectic lives, we often forget the joy a simple little invention can bring us. And, in that haze of busy, we don't stop to fathom how we didn't think of it sooner, lest invent it ourselves and be zillionaires.

For years, we've been hassling ourselves zip-locking every sandwich. Who can even make an educated guess on how many baggies we've gone through in a single lifetime? And for one-time use only! The amount of money the American family spends on such bags a year all seems completely laughable when you see this simple little invention it took us a century to finally think up. It seems like such a no-brainer...

Tupperwear fit for a sandwich! Practical and stylish too (well, as sexy as Tupperwear gets).

*heavenly trumpets resound*

"It's a Wonder we haven't thought of it sooner." Should no doubt be the motto of this nifty critter.

(For the record, I have no idea if Wonderbread was the brainchild behind this as other brands have caught wind of it, including Crayola which now makes their own version among others.)

I'll admit, I'm not the most eco-conscious person in the world, but I do try to recycle and pick up trash and do little things that hopefully add up to making some sort of dent in the grand scheme of Planet Earth. Eating healthier for me means eating at home more often, and the number of paper bags and plastic baggies an individual can go through is astounding. (Have you ever noticed how fast trash piles up at your house?!) It occured to me that I should invest in re-usable products, so I bought a cloth lunchbag (again, why did it take so long to invent this?!), plastic re-usable drink boxes, and - low and behold - I found the amazing sandwich container miracle sitting on the shelf. Life as I know it will never be the same.

Viva la Sandwich!

FYI: You can get these just about everywhere now apparently (I'm a bit slow), they are usually in with the tupperwear products or hanging off a shelf somewhere. They cost less than $2 and totally rock! Do the environment a favor and stock up on re-usable lunch items.

No comments: